Part of the fun of seasons changing is updating your home’s decor. With some quick, easy additions to your front porch, you can make your home look ready for fall while increasing curb appeal and welcoming the coming holidays. Create a pleasing presentation for fall flowers and accents when you choose creative containers. Plus, incorporating decorative items in unusual ways will leave your porch looking picture-perfect all season long.
The floral experts at Julia’s Florist have some great ideas to offer. Check out these fun ways to add beauty to your home and update your front porch for fall. And who knows? You may even be inspired to try something new and creative of your own!
Think About Why You Should Decorate for Fall
A Warm Welcome
Adding decor to your front porch as each new season approaches brings a sense of festivity and change that’s simply good for the soul. We find the act of decorating your porch to have other important benefits as well.
- Inspire Your Neighbors: Once you decorate your front porch, be ready to chat with neighbors about how they, too, can update their home’s look for fall. Sharing tips and even decorations is a great way to build relationships with your neighbors. Send them a beautiful Pumpkin Delight or fall croton to help get them started on their own decorating adventure.
- Have a Welcoming Entrance: When friends and family visit your home, your porch will be the first welcome they meet, before they even walk inside. Make sure you surround them with gorgeous fall blooms like sunflowers and lavender, as well as bright pumpkins and authentic Indian corn to make them feel at home.
- Enjoy a Quick Makeover: Even when you can’t do a complete remodel on your home, a few fresh pots of blooming plants and rustic fall accouterments will make the appearance of your home feel new again.
- Prepare for the Holidays: When we start to see fall decorations around town, the anticipation of the approaching holidays sets in. Help everyone who passes by get excited for the upcoming holiday season when you decorate your front porch for fall.
Showcase Creative Fall Containers With Fall Flowers
The vessels you choose for displaying fall flowers across your front porch can be as creative and stylish as you are. Think outside the rustic, wooden box for a few fun ideas about displaying your fall plants and flowers.
- Pumpkins: Carve out a pumpkin and fill it with a gorgeous croton or hardy chrysanthemum plant for a fun, surprising twist.
- Baskets: Soften the look of more rugged gourds and dried corn when you place them in woven baskets. These are also great for storing porch blankets for chilly nights. Choose floral designs arranged in baskets, too, like our Harvest Basket Bouquet or Garden Blooms Autumn Bouquet for a festive fall look.
- Barrels: Overturned barrels make fantastic tabletops for showcasing potted daisies or piles of pumpkins in a variety of sizes.
- Galvanized Metal: Buckets or tubs can be used to hold a variety of items, from oversized Russian sage to corn stalks tied with burlap.
Bring Fresh Fall Creativity to Your Home’s Look
Add a few creative details to your porch’s decor for a fresh display of your very own personality and style. Here we offer a few great ideas for you to steal, or use as inspiration for your own display.
- Rocking Chair: A wooden rocking chair with a fuzzy blanket draped over the back is just asking to be enjoyed all season long. It can also be used for staging a few pumpkins or a cheerful scarecrow.
- Painted Pumpkins: Instead of carving, think about painting your pumpkins instead. Create a dazzling display when you choose similar color schemes or fill pumpkins with fresh flowers like kalanchoe or Russian sage.
- Color Scheme: For a modern twist on some fall favorites, decorate with alternate color combinations, like black-and-white, or all-neutrals. The unexpected look will be a refreshing change.
- Fabrics: Use flannels, wools, and cottons for throw pillows, snuggly blankets, and floor coverings to maximize your fall look.
When you decorate your front porch for the fall season, you showcase your own creative spirit, as well as your personality and style. Bring about beautiful change and feel refreshed as the seasons change. You’ll enjoy your front porch all season long and look forward to the next one with excitement and anticipation. The professionals at Julia’s Florist are happy to help you choose the perfect front porch floral designs to go with your decor. Talk to us about more ideas or decorating tips, and get ready to spend some quality time enjoying your new front porch this fall.