Celebrating National Romance Month may seem a little strange in August – but once you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Love and romance know no time of year, and Valentine’s Day simply doesn’t give us enough time to share all the love we feel for the most special people in our lives. Situated perfectly between February 14th and the allure of the holiday season, romance month adds passion to the summertime as well.
The designers at Julia’s Florist send expressions of love throughout the year – and we have a collection of romantic flowers and gifts that will be perfect for sending to your sweetheart this month.
Fun Ways to Keep Romance Alive
Flowers are a beautiful and time-honored way to show how much you love someone. But once you send a bouquet of roses, don’t stop there – here are a few ideas of little ways to express just how special your loved one is to you.
- Quick love notes, whether placed on a car windshield, a bathroom mirror, or the mailbox, can make someone’s day with just a few words.
- Plan a few nights in August to shut off the power and shut off the devices. Play a game by candlelight or just talk into the night. Without distractions, romance is sure to spark.
- Throughout the month, randomly text a few of your favorite photos of the two of you, with a short note of how much your relationship, and that memory, meant to you.
- Turn the ritual of watching your favorite show together into an event with their favorite dessert and a glass of champagne.
- Arrive home from work early, and create a “happy hour” buffet, complete with your favorite music, to relax together when you both get home.
How to Create Grand Gestures of Romance
To really amplify the romance in your relationship, make a grand gesture that shows just how much you value your partner and commitment to each other. Ideas for grand gestures of romance include:
Surprise your SO with a weekend getaway. The change of scenery, new locale, exciting new things to do, and quality time together are great ways to strengthen the bond between couples.
Plan a one-of-a-kind night on the town. Treat your partner to a night they’ll never forget! Start with a romantic dinner at a top-rated restaurant, then tickets to a comedy club, play, or musical you know they’ll love. Finish the date with a couple of drinks at a posh wine bar or kicking up your heels and dancing. The endorphins produced by enjoying a rewarding night of entertainment and romance bring couples closer.
Be adventurous together. Do something new that you and your partner have never done before, such as scuba diving, paddleboarding, skydiving, or ballroom dancing. Learning new skills and trying new things keep the spark of romance burning bright.
If you are looking at flowers, roses are a beautiful and romantic choice – but you may also wish to choose daisies (innocent love), peonies (marital love), or red tulips (declaration of love). The ways that you can choose to convey your love during National Romance Month are endless! Call Julia’s Florist for all your Wilmington floral needs – in August or beyond. After all, true love knows no season.